link to Rafting article
Fire Resistive Designs
Fire Resistive Designs with TrusSteel trusses have proven to be key documents in gaining the confidence and specifications of architects, engineers and end users. These TrusSteel Fire Rated Assemblies have also proven to be living documents, undergoing frequent updates as TrusSteel, along with our partner companies in these listings, continues to expand the Listings to include different materials and material configurations.
How can you obtain the very latest version of these TrusSteel UL design reports? Go directly to the UL Web site and download them. Here is how you do it:
- Point your browser to the UL site at www.ul.com or click on the UL icon above.
- On the UL Web home page, click the link "Certifications" on the left-hand side menu.
- On the "Online Certifications Directory" page, in the Begin a Basic Search area, enter thecompany name of "TrusSteel".
- A search results page should appear with the TrusSteel Design Numbers and File Numbers.
- Click on the hot-linked Link to File number (they will start with "BXUV" or "CJFS").
- This should take you directly to the Web page that displays the TrusSteel Design.
You can print this report from your browser (File - Print), or you can highlight everything in the report (on your browser screen), copy the info (Edit - Copy) and paste it (Edit - Paste) into Microsoft Word or other programs.
Since it has proven to be simple to obtain current UL reports directly from the UL Web site, and because these reports change so often, we are no longer carrying the text of our UL reports on the TrusSteel website.
Here is a partial listing of the current TrusSteel UL files, as well as the listing for "generic" steel roof trusses:
|UL File Number||Design Number
||TrusSteel Roof Trusses-1, 1-1/2 and 2 Hour Assemblies with a SINGLE layer of gypsum wallboard (steel roof deck).
||TrusSteel Roof Trusses-1 Hour Assembly with a SINGLE layer of gypsum wallboard (plywood as roof deck).
||TrusSteel Floor Trusses-1 Hour Assembly, plywood floor deck or plywood sub flooring with cementitious floor topping.
TrusSteel Floor Trusses-1 and 2 Hour Assemblies, concrete on steel form deck.